Working with partners
We are a niche, complementary agency that delivers specialist capabilities and intelligence to other agencies in the law enforcement community and broader government. We are committed to enhancing partnerships with law enforcement, broader government and the private sector to fight serious and organised crime.
One of our main priorities is to never be in competition with any other agency.
Everything we do is either for or in collaboration with partner agencies. Some examples of the work we do with our partners include:
- working together on a joint taskforce—such as Project Wickenby and the Financial Intelligence Assessment Team—to fight a particular crime
- providing specialist intelligence services and the execution of coercive powers for state based investigations—for example in the Established Criminal Networks - Victoria determination
- providing intelligence products to government and law enforcement agencies so they have the information at hand to make informed decisions
- establishing and maintaining criminal database services so that law enforcement and other regulatory agencies have a framework to securely store, retrieve, analyse and share criminal information and intelligence on a national basis.
Who are our partners?
We have a broad range of range of partners in law enforcement, government and industry. We also work very closely with ACC Board member agencies including:
- Attorney-General’s Department
- Australian Federal Police
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation
- Australian Taxation Office
- New South Wales Police Force
- Victoria Police
- Queensland Police Service
- South Australia Police
- Western Australia Police
- Tasmania Police
- Northern Territory Police.
Some of our non-ACC Board member government partners include:
- Australian Institute of Criminology
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
We also work collaboratively with private industry in the financial, chemical, private security and importation sectors.