Serious and Organised Investment Fraud
Serious and Organised Investment Fraud in Australia
Read the report on Serious and Organised Investment Fraud in Australia
See the factsheet on Serious and Organised Investment Frauds
See the media release from the Minister for Home Affairs and Justice
Letter to all Australian households
The Australian Crime Commission Board and Australia Post will send a letter to every Australian household warning them of serious and organised investment fraud, and explaining how they can protect themselves.
View the letter to all Australian households, including translated versions.
Protect yourself and report investment fraud
You can protect yourself and prevent investment fraud:
- Visit www.moneysmart.gov.au or call 1300 300 630 for further information.
- Report suspected fraud to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, via www.moneysmart.gov.au or 1300 300 630, or your local police. Any information such as company name, location and contact details will assist with investigations.
- Alert family and friends to this fraud, especially anyone who may have savings to invest.
- Hang up on unsolicited telephone calls offering overseas investments.
- Check any company that you are considering investments with has a valid Australian Financial Services Licence at www.moneysmart.gov.au
- Always seek independent financial advice before making an investment.