The Australian Crime Commission takes seriously its obligation to provide information to all Australians and has undertaken the following steps to improve the accessibility of the information on this website. Please note that this is an iterative process and the ACC will continue to make improvements to the website.
Commonwealth departments and agencies are required by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 to ensure that online information and services are accessible by people with disabilities.
The ACC website is the work of many authors and business groups and is a dynamic environment. Therefore, there is always the possibility that accessibility difficulties may be encountered. There may be some data held in non-HTML formats. This data is in the process of being converted and is currently available to most environments supporting assistive technology. If, however, there is data that you require and it is in a format that you cannot access, or if you experience any other accessibility difficulties, please advise the ACC Webmaster by emailing ACC Webmaster or by writing to:
Australian Crime Commission
GPO Box 1936
Canberra ACT 2601
All content produced for publishing on the ACC website is designed and constructed in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Accessible Video Instructions
Tab to the Play/Pause button. Arrow keys navigate tool bar controls. Tab again for elapsed time and time scrubber slider.
Note: Scrubber does not work with VoiceOver on Mac.
Keyboard shortcuts work when the tool bar area is focused.
- Alt Control P to play and pause.
- Alt Control S to stop.
- Alt Control F to jump forward.
- Alt Control B to jump back.
- Alt Control D to decrease volume.
- Alt Control U to increase volume.
- Alt Control M to mute.
- Alt Control A for audio descriptions.
- Alt Control C for captions.
- Alt Control R resizes the player.
- If you wish to view PDF files and don't have an Adobe Acrobat product installed on your computer, you can download the free Acrobat PDF reader here.
- If you wish to view Microsoft Word or RTF (Rich Text File) files and don't have Microsoft Word installed, you can download a free Word viewer from the Microsoft website here.
- If you wish to view Microsoft Excel files, and don't have Microsoft Excel installed, you can download a free Excel viewer from the Microsoft website here.